Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dropbox App



Dropbox was my favorite APP before I even had an Iphone or an Ipad.  I signed up for Dropbox about an year ago.  Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. which uses cloud computing to enable users to store and share files and folders with others across the Internet using file synchronization.  I read about it online and saw several friends post about it on Facebook.   I used it at first to save files from church that I could then access at home via Dropbox on my desktop and laptop.  It was a great way to not have to carry around and lose a USB drive.   


In the fall I started using with one of my best friends Mark Ashby.   We used to share ministry resources and bounce ideas off each other without having to email.  We just would save it in our shared folder.   


During the past month I have used it to save PDF from my MacBook and then access it on my iPad.   Last month I led worship for Mark's youth group and had every worship set in a PDF and then would access it from Dropbox and then open it in iBooks and then put my iPad on its stand and I saved a tree or two!  Every Sunday night I know have all my songs and my lesson on my iPad via Dropbox.  For my small groups and Sunday School lessons I do the same.  It is a great lifesaver!


So quick summary...Dropbox creates a folder on your machine that is automatically synced to the web, where you can easily access your files from any web browser or from your iPhone, Blackberry, or Android. It also has the ability to upload files to this folder via the browser too, making it really handy and an easy way to remotely start torrent downloads. Check it out and let me know what you think.


Click the link below and and both you and I get an extra 250MB of space, just by signing up
http://db.tt/ruOxR4g

No comments:

Post a Comment