Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I admit it I'm a MAC now...


For years, my Uncle Ed (my dad's twin brother) has been telling me and my dad that we needed to get away from the PC world and join the Mac family.   We didn't listen, we were a Dell family.  For as long as I can remember we have owned Dell computers in our household.  Last year, my laptop for school died and I needed a new one.  I looked at the MacBooks but ended up going with a Sony Vaio with Windows 7.  I made fun of youth workers and pastors over the past couple years at every conference I went to and seeing them online for having to have MacBooks to do ministry.  All the "cool" pastors and youth pastors used them...i.e. Andy Stanley, Steven Furtick.....
I was satisfied with my iPod as being my only Mac product....Then last July our Verizon contract was up and we were fed up with the horrible customer service and the numerous dropped calls in Charlotte, NC with Verizon.  So after test driving a couple iPhones of our students, we made the move to AT&T and the iPhone.   Since then we have had great service and only a few dropped calls for all of you nay sayers on AT&T having horrible service.  We have had nothing but great service, we have saved over $40 a month on our bill and we love our iPhones!  
When we moved and started at our new church, I found out that I was going to get a new computer and so I decided to go with a MacBook Pro.  At first I wasn't convinced that the Mac was better for me than my PC.  I did not like iWorks and a few other things...But after a few weeks of using my MacBook Pro and learning it I don't know how I've lived without it!   

Then a couple weeks ago I made the plunge and bought an iPad.   Several people said it was just because I was becoming a Mac fanboy...but I saw a huge need for it.  I love it.  I use it so much for ministry.  I now put all my small group lessons, my worship set lists, and my Sermons in dropbox and then open it up on my iPad and save tons of paper.  It has made me so more productive and organized.  
Plus there are so many Apps that I use in ministry.

Yes I'm a convert!  We have become an Apple family.  It started with an iPod in 2004...now we own an iPod 80gb, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod Touch, Two iPhone 3GS, a MacBook Pro, and an iPad.  And one day when our Dell takes its final Blue Screen we will get an iMac or a MacPro

Over the next couple weeks I'll review several Apps that I use daily on my iPad and iPhone and how I use them in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment