Thursday, June 5, 2008

Annual Conference...side trip

I am currently in Maggie Valley, where I am here with Dr. Ted, Johnny, and David for the Western North Carolina United Methodist Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska.   Tomorrow we are waking up, going to breakfast and then off to worship and then some other stuff and then Golf.  This year I'm just here for the today and tomorrow.  When Ted and I got here today, we met up with Johnny and David and got to drive around Lake Junaluska.  I forgot how cool of a place this was.  We then went for some amazing BBQ at Mountain BBQ in Waynesville.  Great Stuff!   Then we drove around looking for a waterfall (David's hobby is taking pictures of waterfalls).  We finally found it after a while and took a trail down to it.  It was amazing.  This was the first time in years that I have done something like that.  I'll have to post the pictures I took on my phone once I figure out how to do that....Then we also just drove around and took in the beauty of the mountains.  It was so cool to think about how small I was and big God was.  In college I used to take all sorts of random trips to the mountains and camp and find cool stuff like this.  I think its time that I do this more often...need to enjoy God's amazing gifts more often.
We then went to Cataloochee Ski Resort, where me and Jessica got engaged.  It was really cool to come back here.  I know that I will bring Jessica back here sometime soon.  And I forgot to mention that Ghost Town is up and running again.  So that means another road trip!
God is good!  I'm loving every moment He puts in front of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment