Sunday, June 1, 2008

Six months...and at times I still feel numb

Six months ago I was awaken by a phone call from my dad telling me that my brother had passed away.  Since that day...life has never been the same.  There almost isn't a day that I don't feel numb or that I don't have a small moment of tears.    I've learned a lot about other people during the past six months.  It was amazing to see the love returned that my brother had given over the years with his life with God's love.  It was great to see that some people saw how God worked through Michael's life, so people searched to see what he had.  But it has also hurt to see some people not change...basically ignore how short life can be and waste their life running from God.  But I know thats how it goes.  I've seen this past, I see it day to day in ministry.  People live for the reflection of themselves, instead of living with the reflection of Christ.
I miss my brother, but can't wait until I see him again in Heaven.



Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the
world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the
world -- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the
boasting of what he has and does -- comes not from the Father but from
the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does
the will of God lives forever.
1 John 2:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment