Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A day on the course

Yesterday I had the chance to go play golf with my brother-in-law and my senior Pastor at the Charlotte National.  It was the only course we could get in on this side of Charlotte, due to golf tournaments and course repairs.  The course was like a scene out of the Movie Tin Cup.  The fairways had patches of dirt and rocks and the sand traps were hard as rocks.  My brother-in-law Alex shot one under, but he is also a NCAA golfer at Samford University.  While I shot twenty over.  I had some great shots, but its hard to shoot decent if you don't have a short game or 2-3 putt every hole.  I had one par, and missed 7 birdie putts and 9 par putts.  So I guess I need to work on my chipping and approach shots and go to putt-putt to work on my putting skills.
But it was a great time of fellowship and being in the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment