Monday, May 9, 2011

Dirty Dishes




"Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of salvation, and uphold me with your free spirit." Psalm 51:10-12
I hate doing the dishes. I mean, I really hate doing the dishes. I suppose I could come up with some deep psychological reason why I hate doing the dishes.  Frankly though, I think that the problem is more simple than that. I think that I simply hate doing the dishes. I only do them after either after I run out of creative ways to cook a meal with the pots and pans available or I get tired of eating out!

Our relationship with God is like doing the dishes. Everyone has those little "things" that we don't do for some reason that we should have done or things that need to be done and we don't do them.  Eventually, these "things" that are left undone begin to accumulate. Instead of a mountainous pile of plates and cups, a weaker relationship with God develops, because of those "things" that are in the way.

The awesomeness of God is that God washes away these dishes, if you ask him to.  The dishes are washed away and the counter is clear. Your relationship came beg in again.
What are your "dishes" that you need to have cleaned away by God?

No comments:

Post a Comment