Friday, December 31, 2010

Getting ready for Passion 2011



The last time I've been to a Passion "Main Event" was back in 2002, right after I graduated from the University of South Carolina.  The Passion Movement helped mold me and shape me into the Student Pastor I am today.  It introduced me to an amazing new way to look at God.

I learned who David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Charlie Hall, Steve Fee, Matt Redman, and so many other Christian worship leaders were before they were played daily on every Christian radio station.  Those guys and worship leaders taught me how to really let go and worship.  It also inspired me more and more to learn worship songs and to want to lead worship.

Over the past thirteen years I have learned so much from Louie Giglio.  Between Passion Events, attending 7:22, listening to sermon cds, reading his books, he has helped me grow in my walk with God.  Louie helped me realize how small I am and how BIG God really is.

And tomorrow I have the privilege of taking 13 students and leaders to Passion 2011.  I am really excited to go now not as a participant, but as a leader.  Words cannot describe the honor I feel to be leading this group this weekend and being able to see these students and leaders grow in their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment