Sunday, November 7, 2010

Making a move

After much thought and prayer and discussion with my family, I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position as Director of Student Ministries here at Blair Road United Methodist Church effect November 28, 2010.  Our last Sunday will be November 21st.  I have decided to take a Youth Pastor position in Lexington, SC starting in the end of November.  The decision was very tough, but after many hours of prayer and talking with my wife bride Jessica, our close friends, spiritual mentors, and our family, I feel that it is the best decision and opportunity for me, Jessica, and Mallory.

I want to thank you for this opportunity to work with the youth at Blair Road United Methodist Church. They are our greatest assets, and I encourage everyone to continue to listen to them, talk to them, work with them, cheer for them, and-most of all-pray for them. I appreciate your trust and confidence in my abilities and your support. I am grateful for the opportunities and experience and for the many friends that I have made along the way.   

Thank you for your understanding and for the privilege of serving the youth and congregation of Blair Road United Methodist Church.  I have always said that God is in control and continue to believe that now.  My departing Scripture of encouragement is Philippians 4:6, 7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  I have every bit of confidence in our students and adults.  There is no doubt that this ministry will continue to excel.  I shall keep you all in my prayers.  I pray that you will do the same for me and my family.


In Christ,



Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment