Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Body of Christ


One of my favorite songs is "If we are the Body" by Casting Crowns.   I bring this up, because it has been really awesome to see my friends be the Body of Christ lately.   I have recently seen on my news feed on Facebook, many of my friends be the Body of Christ.  There is no IF with many of my friends...they ARE!

I see so many of my friends serving in roles in Children's Ministry and in Student Ministry.  I see my friends giving up their weekends and weekdays to be part of lock-ins, small groups, Trunk or Treats, and so many other great things.  All I can say is WOW!

I remember a few years ago when I was speaking and a "friend" from high school came up to me and told me that she was first angered to hear I was speaking at a church event, because she knew how I acted at times in High School, but after hearing how God had changed me she was glad that I was in youth ministry.   I have to admit that I have felt the same way when I have seen status updates of some of the people I knew in high school thinking how could they be in church...I knew what they did and who they were in high school and college....and I then go back and remember being told the same thing!  And then I just stop and I thank God for turning their lives around like He did for me.

It is so awesome to have social networks where we can share with our friends how we have changed and how we are trying to help God change the world through all these ministries at all this churches.   I am so thankful for all of you that read this and for those that don't who are serving all over in volunteer and paid positions in the church.   Know that I pray for you all often and that even though we might not be at the same church...we are on the same team!

1 comment:

  1. excellent, excellent article on time management which works in basically any arena of work ... definitely agree with your statements on how people perceive others ... I was awful before I got saved ... but He did save me FROM my sins rather than saving me so that I would be okay if and when I sin.

    ReplyDelete