Sunday, April 4, 2010

HE IS RISEN!


HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We say this every Easter...but do we really mean what we say and do we understand what that means.
To think that almost 2000 years ago, the stone was rolled away and everyone was scared!  The disciples and the women were scared and clueless.  The government and soldiers thought that they had been tricked and that the body of Christ was stolen.   Throughout history after hearing that Jesus had been seen by others because he really wasn't dead is absurd!   After the beating and being crucified, without modern hospitals or medicine, there is no way he could have survived.

So HE DID IT.  HE ROSE FROM THE GRAVE!  HE CONQUERED DEATH!  HE TOOK OUR PLACE!

I sit here and I'm in awe that the God of the universe would send His Son to pay for our sins.  It just blows my mind!  I'm super excited!  My God loves me so much that He would do this for me.  And He did it for you too!

I hope you take the time away from the Easter Ham and the Easter basket to realize what really happened on that first Easter Sunday.  Your whole faith depends on it....

CHRIST HAS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment