Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ready for Easter...


For Some reason this past week has not really felt like preparation for Easter.   Going to our Maundy Thursday service and the walk with the cross helped some, but I don't know...It's hard to put into words...it just doesn't feel like Easter to me.

Last night after my wife went to bed and my daughter was sound asleep I decided to read a book I picked up the other day by Lee Strobel called The Case for the Resurrection.  It was $2.99 at the local Christian Bookstore.   I also picked up  The Case for Christ Study Bible.    They were both what I needed.   I'm a nerd at heart and I love to read.   I love how Lee writes and really enjoyed the book.  It really made me think.  I also was reading at the same time the verses in the study bible along with the investigative stuff too.  I read for at least two hours straight.  I was in tears.   I was in the story.   I saw all the outside evidence of non biblical history as well as the accounts of the final hours of Christ from the Gospels through the Resurrection to over 500 people seeing Christ afterwards.    My world got rocked!

It is sometimes so hard for us to grasp that almost 2,000 years ago this all happened.  With society and the media, we often lose focus and miss the story.   I challenge you before you go to your Easter Service tomorrow and have a big family lunch, to sit down by yourself with the Bible and read it for yourself.  Read Luke Chapters 22-24.  Then reread it.

Tomorrow HE IS RISEN!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment