Thursday, May 1, 2008

Last night in ATL visit

Well today was another great day at Saddleback's WIRED Small Group Conference.  It has been an amazing couple of days.  I have not only learned so many things, but have really been spiritually refueled.  My problem with most ministry conferences is that they always try to sell you things...Well this one so far has been great and has not been a big marketing ploy.  Today was a great day of learning more about small group ministry and creating your own curriculum.  Come to find out, I've been doing the same thing Sadleback has been doing.  The great news is that I learned several new things to improve it.  I can't wait to try it out in the fall.
I also got the chance tonight to spend some time with my cousin Andy and my Uncle and Aunt.  Its not too often that I get to really see them so it was  great to have dinner with them.  My aunt Karen made Mexican and it was awesome!  Then we went and watched Andy tryout for Summer League Baseball for Lakeside(Atlanta) baseball.  He did a great job and it would be a major crime if he didn't make it.  He did great in the field and lined some ropes to the outfield.
I then got the chance to go hangout with my counter part of Ace and Gary.  It has been almost a year since me and Adam really hung out.  It was great to catch up with him.  It also reminded me that I need to keep in better touch with some people.
So one more day of Small Group learning...and then often to Orlando with my Beautiful Bride for our One year Wedding Anniversary trip.
We get to go see my grandparents tomorrow night and then get 8 days of Disney and Universal!!!!!!!!!
Jessica really deserves sometime off as do I....So it will be an awesome trip.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment