Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sun Stand Still


For the past 24 hours, Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church here in Matthews, NC has been preaching every hour....I've tuned in off and on during the past 24 hours to hear some great sermons, see some great videos, and listen to some great worship.
On my way home last night I stopped by and picked up my reserved copy of Furtick's new book "Sun Stand Still".  I bought it at the bookstore in the same shopping center that Elevation Church Matthews Campus is located.  I know that really doesn't matter where I bought it or that it was so close to the live web broadcast.  But this is a new way to reach people by preaching for 24 hours online to promote a new Christian book.   This is not something I would see Andy Stanely, Adam Hamilton, or even Perry Noble (who was on the Sun Stand Still webcast via Skype).    But I really believe that only Steven Furtick could do this.  I have been a fan on and off of the Elevation Church movement here in Charlotte.  I have been to church there.  I have heard Furtick speak at several conferences.   He has a huge heart for God and for a revival in the church.  I think that his sermon's over the past 24 hours have been very powerful and he wants the world and society to change.   I think it is really awesome how they have been giving away books, dvds, sermon series, and free resources during the past 24 hours.  They see the big picture.  They see that we should all work together and be the body of Christ.  I am really looking forward to reading this book.  And I will blog more on this in the upcoming days as I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment