Thursday, March 18, 2010

Has it really been that long?

Man, I've been busy.  I just realized that I have not posted on here in quite sometime.

Things have just been really busy this past month.  So busy its hard to remember what has gone on.  For one, my wife has gone from working two days a week to three.  Which has led us to me taking my day off to be with our daughter, but that has caused us not to have a day together with both of us being off.    So when I have been at home, I've been catching up on my to do list around here.

We are in the process of looking for a new house.  Not sure where yet, but we got a great deal on our house, so right now is the perfect timing to do so.  We have been cleaning our house, painting, landscaping, rearranging furniture, and so much more.   That is where my wife watching all the home selling shows on HGTV has paid off.   Tomorrow we are both off, so we are going to move all of our extra clothes, boxes, and furniture to storage so we can hopefully get our house on the market next week.

I've also been very busy with my last semester of grad school.  It's hard to believe I am so close to having my Masters of Christian Education and certification in Youth Ministry and Christian Education.   Grad school has gone by so fast!

I've been working on two main projects as I finish up.  My first project is a Student Ministry book, showing everything that I do.  It has been so cool to look at how much actually goes on and how much God is really moving!   It is also neat to see how far I've come in the thirteen years of ministry.   Such as how communication has changed and improved.    There are still more areas I need to work on.  But there is always room for improvement.   I never want to settle in ministry.  I want to give my all to God and the ministry He has called me to.

Colossians 3:23-24


23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

I have also been working on a Missions Book for churches.  There are several good short-term mission books for churches, but they don't have everything in them.  So my goal is to create it.  I'm setting my goal high.  I do not just want to make this book for a grade so I can graduate, but I want to give it my all so I can try to have it published, so I can help other churches do their best in missions.

So that's just a cliff notes version of my absence in blogging.  But no fears!   I will work on this being a daily occurrence again! Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment