Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting things together for the fall

Monday (yesterday) was a very productive day for me here in the office. Fresh off a great Youth Sunday, instead of taking a break, I kept things going in 5th gear!
I want to first thank all the students who participated in worship on Sunday. The students who spoke, prayed, read scripture did an amazing job! Our youth praise band did a great job at both services. It is amazing that they are all 13, 15, and 16 years old and put their whole heart into their worship! I'm working to get some of the video up on youtube later this week so you can check them out!
Sunday Night after our Summer Outing to the Xtreme ICE, I talked with a good friend Mark Ashby, who is also a youth pastor and a former youth of mine and we talked Youth ministry and our up coming fall, fall retreat, and stuff. So on Monday, we teleconferenced and worked out our lessons plans for September 09 through May 2010! A lot of prayer went into planning out our next year for our students. I am really excited about this upcoming year, making some small changes to Sunday nights here, and also bringing back some things from years past that I have no clue why I stopped doing them. I have learned a lot over the past couple of weeks. I have had some great spiritual time of late and some great ministry moments. I have been reading a lot and getting myself back into a place that I haven't seen since my brother passed away a year and a half ago. It has been tough, I have let some people down. I have let some students down. I have let God down. Put I'm not staying down. I'm running the race for God and have put on my running shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment