Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bowl Games and Celebs...

Last month, my wife and I went to the SEC championship game in Atlanta between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Florida Gators.   My wife is a lifelong Bama fan, growing up in the great state of Alabama, and I grew up a Gator fan since my dad went to the University of Florida.   As some of you know I'm a geek at times.  I love to be on my smart phone, play on my ipod touch, and am always on something with new technology.  I have been on twitter for about two years now thanks to the lead guitarist of Third Day, Mark Lee and Doug Fields of Simply Youth ministry who both blogged about twitter two years ago.   Some days I send numerous tweets and then sometimes it takes several days to get back in the world of Twitter.

So I'm sure you're wondering how this has to do with Bowl games and Celebs...

During the SEC Championship game, Mac Powell and David Nassar were on the sidelines and were sending twitpics and tweets.   And for the past week, Mark Lee has been to the Outback Bowl and the Orange Bowl and was sending tweets and twitpics throughout.   Here are some of the big names in Christianity and the lead singer and lead guitarist for one of the biggest Christian bands and it goes unnoticed.  They daily impact people all over the world through there music and spreading the gospel.  But no one knew that they were at any of the games.



Tomorrow night, Mac Powell will be at the Rose Bowl for the BCS National Championship, but my guess is that ABC will not find him in the crowd and will not show his reaction to good/bad plays.  Instead they will find rappers, movie stars, tv stars, and other celebs that are not bringing the good news to the world.

Sometimes, we are just like these guys, we go unnoticed and aren't the center of attention.  But remember that where ever you are...Shine your light and the let the whole world see who our Risen Savior is!  Cause you never know who might be watching or following you

1 comment:

  1. Shine your light and let the whole world see, we're singing for the glory of the newborn King, Jesus.
    Shine your light and let the whole world see, we're singing for the glory of the newborn King...Jesus.

    ReplyDelete