Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Celebrating the life of my brother 9/12/84-12/01/07

Tonight I got the chance to share the devotion for my worship class.  I asked everyone what songs were special to them and their walk with God. After everyone I shared I read my brother's blog from three years ago.  Michael's life changed others and have led many to the foot of the Cross.   Music can bring us back to God.  Music can lead us to God.  I know for me, when I get "luke-warm"  Music is what helps get my tail in gear.  What songs help you get back with God?  What songs can you share to help lead someone to God?  I look back and if Tommy wouldn't have given me the UnderOath CD....then I would have never bought it for my brother....

Here is Michael's Blog Posting

Read this! It might explain what is going on in my life
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 12:18am


Okay, some people know the story behind what I have gone through in the past couple of weeks and others don't. I have recently decided to give up my life of crap and pursue God. I know what some people are thinking, you are Pounding Mike and you will never change. Let me tell you something, I have changed. God has shown me that I can do this with his help. I have seen many different things in the past few weeks that have allowed me to see God is there. Let me tell you my story.

Two weeks ago I went home to go hunting. I found myself sitting in the deerstand on that Firday bored and not feeling good about some things in my life. The week prior to this, I often found myself wondering why I felt so bad after going out. Why did I feel so empty? As I sat there, I simply asked God to show me something cool and amazing. A few minutes later a deer passed by and then two more. Immediately following that I saw a few more. I am thinking to myself at this point, that it is just hunting and it can't be God. Then out of nowhere comes a racoon, bobcat and Great Blue Herring. Okay, something is going on here, but it can't be God. This is what I keep thinking. The next morning, I pull out my sportsman's bilble and the first verse I turn to is Revelation 3:16, which states if you are lukewarm, neither hot or cold, I will spit you out. I figured this to me some kind of sign, but pushed it to the side. On Sunday, I was on my way back to Athens when I put in the new Underoath cd. I couldn't understand the lyrics at first but then I heard exactly what I needed to hear. It said: 'wake up, wake up! What are you so afraid of? The hands will pull you out, it's all worth reaching for!' Wow, is all that i could say. So I asked my friend Jessie what I should make out of this. We talked for a few days and I started to see what was going on. God wanted me! So I went to Campus Outreach to check out some more options. The speaker said the Revelations verse I had read and I knew right then that God was calling me out. So on Thursday, after talking to my boy Caleb, I sat outside of my house and decided to give it all up and take God into my heart for real this time.

Let me tell you, it has been amazing. It will be hard at times, but I am sure I can look back and see what God has done. Even as I write this, I am having a hard time not wanting to post this for the fear of what someone might say. But I have to do this because I want you to know what has happened in my life. I want you to know that I will always love my friends and I will never force anything on them. I hope that some of you that read this talk to me so I can show you how much this has changed me. I love all of you!

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—


**********************************************

Here are the two videos I made to remember my brother...












No comments:

Post a Comment