Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twitter


So its almost been a year now since I became part of the Twitter world, thanks to following the blog of Third Day's Mark Lee.
So what the deal with twitter you might ask?

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length which are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers). Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow anybody to access them. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or applications such as Tweetie, Twitterrific, Twitterfon, TweetDeck and feedalizr.

I am closing in on 100 followers, I know a few actually read them and respond, while others, I have no clue why they follow! I used to use it to update my facebook status, but then it confused people more than anything. It is a great way for me in ministry to find new ideas, read interesting blogs and websites. And it also fun to catch some of the celebrities and see what they are doing. I use it mostly on my phone when I'm out and about doing things or I use TweetDeck, which shows both your twitter and facebook updates.
Its just another way to update what I am doing...
So in short...if you don't tweet...try it out....add me as a friend!
http://twitter.com/uscerock379

No comments:

Post a Comment