Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sorry...its been almost 3 weeks!

Hard to believe that I got so busy that I have not had a chance to BLOG!

So recap of the past 3 weeks...Went to 2 football games...watched the other away game...and USC is 1-2...We should have never lost to Vandy or UGA...but thats what careless mistakes and turnovers get you...TWO losses...but oh well time to move on...
Last week we had two amazing bands come play a concert here at Blair Road.  If you missed it...I'm really sorry...it WAS AWESOME!  I'll try to find some time in the next day or two to tell you more about it.  But the Steels and After Edmund rocked the house!  We even got the Mint Hill Police called on us 4 times due to the rockin'.

Me and Jessica just got back from a short vacation.  We went to Augusta last Thurs-Sat.  We were there to celebrate my brother's 24th birthday.  We had about 25 people at Wild Wings.  It was a great time for us to be together, and I know that it meant a lot to me and my family for all of Michael's friends to be there.  It made the first birthday without him a little easier on us. 

Then on Saturday we headed to Columbia for the UGA/USC football game.  Walt (Michael's old roommate) rode with us.  We stopped by the cemetary on the way out of town.  It was a very emotional day.  It was hard to be at the game without my brother for the first time.  There were several moments that made me tear up and think of old football memories.  Even though its almost been a year now...there are still a lot of moments that just get me.  Missing my brother on Saturday was more than a win or loss in football...it was about thinking about how over the years how college football connected us, even if we were miles apart, we had that in the falls that brought us together in stadiums or through txt messages or  phone calls finding out updates on scores at other games.

I'll continue the rest of the trip in my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment