Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting ready for Matthew's and Sharley's Wedding

Last night I worked until 3am trying to finish the slideshow for Matthew and Sharley.  I had a problem with the encoding on the audio for the slideshow and could never get it to work.  Luckily I came up to the church this morning and it worked fine on the church computer. 
Right now I'm waiting for the 3 DVD's to burn for it.  A minute ago I took a look at the .wmv version of it.  It was  tough video to get through. 



Matthew is like another brother to me.  Even though I really first met the boy when I was 18 and he was in my 5th-6th grade VBS class when I interned at Lithia Springs UMC.  While I was at LSUMC, the Long family was like my second family.  I had many of lunches and dinners over at their house and out to eat.  Mama Carmen always took care of me and called me one of her boys.  Thomas helped me get the job at LSUMC.  I started as youth pastor Matthew's Junior Summer and then watched him through football, baseball, and wrestling his Senior year.  He then became a counselor for me and we were always hanging out.  Matthew has been there for many through many things.  He drove up on the Saturday my brother passed away from Georgia Southern and it meant more than the man will ever know. 



Getting ready for this wedding is really like going to my brother Matthews wedding, not my friend Matthew's wedding.  I have never seen Matthew so happy in my life.  I will never forget the truck ride to the ski retreat when he told me he was going to ask Sharley to marry him.  I am so happy for them both.  And I am very honored to be a part of the wedding party.

No comments:

Post a Comment